Manchester City needs to harness the pain it is feeling amid a poor run of form and use it to get its Premier League campaign back on track, defender John Stones said after Wednesday’s 1-0 defeat by Aston Villa.
Villa dominated the game from start to finish and secured its first victory over City since 2013 thanks to a deflected shot from Leon Bailey in the 74th minute.
The result left Pep Guardiola’s team fourth on 30 points after 15 games - six points behind leader Arsenal - and without a win in its last four league matches.
City last went four Premier League games without a win in April 2017.
“We have to use the hurt and the pain that is within us, our stomachs, our brains, wherever it might be, as motivation and fuel to put things right. I think everyone has that desire,” Stones told City’s website.
“We’ve been in these positions in previous seasons. I don’t think we or everyone should be hyping about what is going to happen. I think we have to stay calm as a team, which we will do tomorrow once we’ve analysed it and settled down emotionally.”
City next travels to face 17th-placed Luton Town on Sunday.
- RCBW vs GGW WPL 2024 Live Score Updates: Toss at 7:00 PM, Live Streaming Info
- Statsman: Ashwin second quickest to reach 500 wickets in Test cricket
- SAI National Centres of Excellence to induct 200 para athletes: Sports Minister
- PKL 10: Rahul Sethpal - Haryana Steelers’ defensive wall stands tall in Pro Kabaddi League
- Turkish Women’s Cup 2024: India finishes runner-up after narrow loss to lower-ranked Kosovo in the final