Manchester United striker Mason Greenwood has been arrested over an alleged breach of bail conditions, British police said on Saturday.
The 21-year-old was first held in January over the alleged rape and assault of a young woman after images and videos were posted online.
He was also questioned on suspicion of making threats to kill.
Greenwood has been on bail since.
A police spokesman said: "Greater Manchester Police are aware of an allegation regarding a 21-year-old man breaching his bail conditions and an arrest has been made on Saturday, 15 October 2022.
"Enquiries are ongoing at this time."
Also Read | Brentford condemns online racist abuse of Toney
Within hours of the allegations surfacing online at the beginning of the year, Greenwood, who has made one appearance for England, was suspended from playing or training with United.
Nike suspended and later terminated its sponsorship deal with Greenwood, while Electronic Arts confirmed his removal from active squads on its FIFA 22 game.
- ICC World Cup 2023: After initial hiccups, Australia savours sweet success to cap off stunning year
- Formula E: Kush Maini named reserve driver for Mahindra Racing
- Senior Men’s Hockey National Championship: Karnataka, Manipur, Bengal, Andhra Pradesh win on Day 4
- Lionel Messi’s 2022 Fifa World Cup worn jerseys predicted to top ten million dollars at auction by Sotheby
- Indian sports news wrap, November 20