Argentina forward Lionel Messi will play his last game for Paris St Germain against Clermont on Saturday, coach Christophe Galtier said on Thursday.
“I had the privilege of coaching the best player in the history of football. This will be his last match at the Parc des Princes, and I hope that he will receive the warmest of welcomes,” Galtier told reporters on Thursday.
Messi, who has 21 goals and 20 assists for PSG in all competitions this season, moved to the French capital from Barcelona in 2021 on a two-year contract.
“This year, he has been an important part of the team, always available. I don’t think any of the comments or criticisms are justified,” Galtier said.
“He’s always been there for the team. It’s been a great privilege to accompany him throughout the season.”
Messi’s future at PSG has been the subject of much speculation recently, with a source close to the Argentina captain telling Reuters that he had received a formal offer to join Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal next season.
- BAN vs NZ Dream11 Prediction, 2nd ODI: Bangladesh vs New Zealand predicted XI, squads, live streaming info
- India vs Nepal Table Tennis LIVE Score Asian Games 2023: IND women’s leads 2-0 vs NEP, men’s team up against Tajikistan later
- Asian Games 2023 Live Score, September 23: India vs Nepal in women’s TT; Ayhika, Chitale win - Hangzhou 2022 updates
- Spain’s World Cup winners return to action after sexism scandal with 3-2 win in Sweden
- Mohammed Shami offers ‘happy selection headache’ after fifer against Australia