Mohun Bagan and Bashundhara Kings shared the spoils as they played a 2-2 draw in their AFC Cup encounter at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneshwar on Tuesday.
Dimitrios Petratos opened the scoring for the Mariners in the 29th minute with a simple finish from the six-yard box after being set up by Jason Cummings.
AS IT HAPPENED: Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Bashundhara Kings, AFC Cup HIGHLIGHTS
Mohun Bagan could not hold on to its lead for long as Dortielton of the Bashundhara Kings found the net in the 33rd minute to make it 1-1. Robinho was given too much space and got all the time to find Dortielton, who found the net with a curling effort.
With the scoreline level at 1-1 at the break, it was the Mariners who struck first in the second-half.
Petratos found Asish Rai making a run on the right. The Australian sent the ball to him, and Rai put his laces through the ball to find the net.
With the Mariners earmarked for a victory, Bashundhara yet again spoiled the Mariner’s party after getting a penalty in the 69th minute after Rai brought down Robinho inside the box.
Robinho stepped up to take the spot-kick and found the net with a clinical finish.
With the draw, Mohun Bagan Super Giant’s seven-game winning streak came to an end but kept the Mariners at the top of the points table in Group D. The Kings rose to second place on four points.
- Coach who tried to force Belarus sprinter home from Tokyo Olympics is banned for five years
- Djokovic thrilled to return to Indian Wells after five year hiatus
- FA Cup: Haaland hammers five as Man City thrash Luton
- WPL 2024: Struggling UP Warriorz eyes comeback against dominant Mumbai Indians
- WPL 2024: Mandhana, Renuka star as RCB beats Gujarat Giants by eight wickets