Moise Kean has been banned for two matches after being sent off just 40 seconds while coming on as a substitute in Juventus’ defeat at Roma on the weekend, Serie A said on Tuesday.
Striker Kean lost his head following a tussle with match-winner Gianluca Mancini after entering in place of Juan Cuadrado in the final minutes at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday.
He booted the Italy defender to the ground before heading for the tunnel to the delight of the home fans.
The 23-year-old, who has also been fined 10,000 euros and will miss Juve’s clash at fierce rivals Inter Milan later this month, has scored five times this Serie A season.
Juve sit seventh in Italy’s top-flight after Sunday’s defeat, 12 points behind Roma and the Champions League positions.
Kean’s rapid red card was not the fastest in Serie A history, that honour being reserved for Giulio Migliaccio who lasted just 32 seconds of Atalanta’s win over Palermo in 2015.
- Premier League: Late Luis Diaz goal rescues draw for Liverpool against Luton
- La Liga: Real Madrid held to goalless draw by Rayo Vallecano
- WTA Finals 2023: Swiatek swats aside rival Sabalenka to reach title match
- Brazilian Grand Prix: Verstappen takes 17th win of the season
- India lifts Women’s Asian Champions Trophy title after thumping win over Japan