Highly rated goalkeeper Alex Meret is a step closer to a long-awaited Napoli debut after being declared fit to resume full training.
The 21-year-old broke his arm just six days after joining from Udinese for a reported €22 million in July.
Signed as a direct replacement for Pepe Reina, Italy youth international Meret will now compete for a spot with David Ospina, who has started five Serie A matches since arriving on loan from Arsenal.
Carlo Ancelotti's side is second but sit six points adrift of leader Juventus, having conceded 10 goals in eight games.
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 quarterfinals: Andhra inches closer to historic win against Madhya Pradesh
- Ranji Trophy quarterfinal: Tamil Nadu eliminates defending champion Saurashtra to enter semis
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin overtakes Kumble for most wickets in Tests in India
- Pramod, Yathiraj and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Los Cabos Open 2024: Thompson downs Ruud to win maiden ATP crown