Napoli’s home game against Salernitana, which could seal its first title since the Diego Maradona era, has been moved forward a day to Sunday for public safety reasons, Serie A said.
Runaway leader Napoli could secure the club’s third title and first, since 1990 this weekend if it beats Salernitana and second-placed Lazio drops points against Inter Milan at San Siro.
The Naples side were initially scheduled to play Salernitana on Saturday, with Lazio visiting Inter a day later, which could see Napoli fans celebrating outside the stadium in Milan.
Napoli will now take on Salernitana at 1300 GMT (6:30 PM IST) on Sunday following the change, less than an hour after the score at the San Siro (4:00 PM IST kick-off) is known.
Napoli’s following game at Udinese has also been pushed back from Tuesday to Thursday.
Napoli has 78 points from 31 games, with Lazio in second on 61 and seven games remaining.
- WATCH: Ruturaj Gaikwad hit 7 sixes in one over against Uttar Pradesh in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Cincinnati midfielder Acosta named MLS Most Valuable Player
- Indian sports news wrap, November 28
- FIBA holds draw for final four Olympic men’s basketball qualifying events
- Premier League 2023-24: Wolves manager O’Neil losing faith in VAR