Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba suffered a knee injury and has been ruled out of Tuesday’s friendly against Barcelona in Dallas, Texas, the Serie A club said on Monday.
The Turin-based club did not disclose the estimated recovery time but added that the 29-year-old would see a specialist in the next few hours and continue treatment.
“Following complaining of pain in his right knee, Paul Pogba underwent radiological examinations that revealed a lesion of the lateral meniscus,” the club said in a statement.
The French international, who returned to the club as a free agent after six seasons at Manchester United, could miss the start of the Serie A season. Juventus host Sassuolo on Aug. 15 in their opening match.
- NBA roundup: LeBron James hits milestone, but Nuggets win
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 2 Semifinal 2024: Sai Kishore picks fifer vs Mumbai; Yash Thakur removes Gawali, Venkatesh vs MP
- De Minaur sinks Ruud to retain Mexican Open crown
- India climbs to top spot in WTC standings after Australia beats New Zealand
- LeBron James reaches 40,000 points to extend his record as the NBA’s scoring leader