Michal Probierz has replaced Fernando Santos as coach of Poland’s national team, the Polish Football Association (PZPN) said on Wednesday.
Poland parted ways with Portuguese coach Santos last week following its 2-0 defeat in Albania, which left it struggling to qualify for Euro 2024.
“Michal Probierz has been appointed selector of the Polish national team. This is the best possible choice. I wish the new coach good luck,” PZPN President Cezary Kulesza said in a statement.
Poland is fourth in Group E with six points from five matches. It is four points behind leader Albania, and two behind second-placed Czech Republic and Moldova.
Former Poland under-21 coach Probierz will be in charge for the next round of qualifiers in October when it travels to the Faroe Islands before hosting Moldova.
- Former Chelsea owner Abramovich linked close associates of Vladimir Putin: Reports
- Napoli fires coach Rudi Garcia after 3rd loss of Serie A campaign and rehires Walter Mazzarri
- How have New Zealand’s fast bowlers fared in ICC ODI World Cup 2023?
- IND vs NZ: New Zealand win/loss record in ODI World Cup semifinal, most runs, wickets, stats
- MS Dhoni to decide Stokes’ CSK future after World Cup 2023