Four talented young footballers from Mumbai, including two girls, will be heading to London- based soccer club Queens Park Rangers to undergo a fortnight-long training at the QPR Academy.
The four youngsters were picked based on their overall football skills at a special talent hunt camp held during the 10th edition of the QPR South Mumbai Junior Soccer Challenger, an initiative of Congress leader and former Union minister Milind Deora, which was conducted in December 2018.
The selected players are Yohaanne Poonawala, Sagar Rathod, Nishka Prakash and Aditi Pandire, a media statement issued on Wednesday said.
Deora presented the four players, who will head to London on October 2, with the QPR team jerseys.
- Sports bodies ask IOC to allow Russians as neutral athletes for 2024 Paris Olympics
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen to undergo surgery for lower back issue
- Javier Tebas to remain La Liga president until 2027
- Karun Nair hopes for national comeback after career reset with Vidarbha
- American team Trackhouse replaces RNF on 2024 MotoGP grid