Raheem Sterling admitted emotions got the better of him in a bust-up with Joe Gomez, but the England star is moving on after being dropped.
Sterling, 24, was reportedly involved in a physical confrontation with Gomez at England's training base on Monday and has been dropped for Thursday's Euro 2020 qualifier against Montenegro.
The Manchester City star and Gomez were also involved in an altercation during Liverpool's 3-1 win over the Premier League champion on Sunday.
In a post on Instagram, Sterling said it was time to move on, but admitted he had let his emotions get the better of him.
"First and foremost everyone knows what that game means to me!" he wrote.
"Everyone knows that I am not that way inclined and more to the point ... both Joe and I have had words and figured things out and moved on.
"We are in a sport where emotions run high and I am man enough to admit when emotions got the better of me.
"We move [sic] this is why we play this sport because of our love for it – me and @joegomez5 are good we both understand it was a 5-10 second thing it's done we move forward and not make this bigger than it is.
"Let's get focus [sic] on our game on Thursday."
England is on the verge of qualifying for next year's tournament and face Kosovo in Pristina on Sunday after its clash with Montenegro.
- Nischal wins silver with new national record at Shooting World Cup in Rio
- Asian Games 2023: Mongolia women’s cricket team dismissed for 15 in tournament opener against Indonesia
- ICC World Cup 2023: BCCI presents golden ticket to Rajnikanth
- MotoGP 2023 Title Race: Onus on Martin to maximise chances as Bagnaia looks to regain fitness
- Liverpool will give Europa League full respect, says Klopp