Cristiano Ronaldo arrived at Manchester United's training ground with his agent on Tuesday with the Portugal great's future at the English club up in the air.
Ronaldo has yet to start pre-season training with United — he missed the team's tour of Thailand and Australia — and is set to hold talks with recently hired manager Erik ten Hag.
Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, was pictured in the car driven by Ronaldo entering United's training base.
Former Man United manager Alex Ferguson, who coached Ronaldo during his first stint at the club and former captain Bryan Robson were also present at Carrington. According to reports, they are involved in talks, trying to convince Ronaldo to stay at United, at least for another season.
The 37-year-old Ronaldo reportedly wants to play for another team after only one year back at Old Trafford, with United not in the Champions League this season or in shape to compete with the best teams in England.
United finished in sixth place in the league last season, 35 points behind first-place Manchester City.
United has said Ronaldo has not returned to training yet because of “personal reasons.” Ten Hag has repeatedly said he is counting on Ronaldo being part of the squad this season.
- IND vs ENG Live Score, 4th Test Day 2: India 9/1; Anderson gets Rohit caught behind
- WPL 2024: Sajana smashes last-ball six as Mumbai Indians seals dramatic opener vs Delhi Capitals
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 2 Updates: Musheer scores 150 vs Baroda; Andhra loses 2 early wickets
- League Cup final officials must avoid Liverpool bias, says Pochettino
- Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United to take part in U.S. summer series