arcelona is planning for life after Uruguay striker Luis Suarez.
The 32-year-old is highly regarded at Camp Nou, however, he has struggled for form and consistency.
Now, La Liga champion Barca appears to be lining up a possible replacement.
TOP STORY – BARCA READY TO SPEND €50M ON PIATEK
Barcelona is interested in signing AC Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek as a long-term replacement for Luis Suarez , says Calciomercato.it.
Suarez celebrates his 33rd birthday in January and the Barca veteran is showing signs of decline at the La Liga champion, where he has struggled for form and consistency.
Barca will look to bring in a new face in January, with the Spanish giant ready to spend €50million on Piatek, while RB Leipzig's Timo Werner , Getafe forward Jaime Mata and Juventus veteran Mario Mandzukic have also been linked.
- Juventus has set its sights on three Premier League players – Chelsea's Willian , and Tottenham pair Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld , according to Tuttosport . The trio will be available on free transfers at the end of the season and Eriksen tops Juve's wish list.
- The Daily Mail says Tottenham has opened contract talks with defender Jan Vertonghen . The Belgium international is out of contract at season's end and Spurs is reluctant to lose him on a free transfer.
- AC Milan is interested in signing Nice star Arnaud Lusamba , according to Calciomercato. The 22-year-old midfielder is contracted to the Ligue 1 club until 2021.
- Arsenal will send scouts to watch Salzburg and Hungary star Dominik Szoboszlai in Wednesday's Champions League showdown against Liverpool, reports the Daily Mail. The 18-year-old sensation has also attracted interested from Serie A trio Juventus , Inter and Lazio .
- Eredivisie side PSV is interested in signing Manchester United's Tahith Chong on loan in January, according to the Daily Mail. The 19-year-old Dutch winger, who arrived from Feyenoord in 2016, has been involved with the first team under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.