Matildas captain Sam Kerr will miss Australia’s upcoming international friendlies against Canada in Langford and Vancouver because of a foot injury.
Striker Kerr will stay in London with her club Chelsea to receive treatment for the injury and has been replaced in the squad by uncapped 20-year-old midfielder Sarah Hunter, the team said.
Kerr scored a goal in Chelsea’s 5-2 win over Leicester City in the Women’s Super League on Sunday before being substituted after 81 minutes.
Australia, semifinalists at the Women’s World Cup earlier this year, is already without injured goalkeeper Mackenzie Arnold (arm) for the trip to Canada, where it will play friendlies on Friday and Tuesday.
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023-24 Playoffs, PKL 10 LIVE Score: GG 3-5 HS, Gujarat Giants takes on with Haryana Steelers in Eliminator 2; Sachin’s Patna Pirates enter semifinals with 37-35 win on Dabang Delhi
- East Bengal vs Chennaiyin FC LIVE score, EBFC 1-0 CFC, ISL 2023-24: Nandha Kumar scores opening goal
- UP Warriorz vs Delhi Capitals Live Score, WPL 2024: Kapp, Radha help DC dominate; Lanning & Co. need 120 runs to win
- WPL 2024: Indian international Gouher Sultana, aged 35, makes debut for UP Warriorz
- Murray fights back to reach Dubai second round