Second-placed Sassuolo struck twice in the final six minutes to earn a 3-3 draw at home to winless Torino in a lively Serie A encounter in heavy fog on Friday.
Torino took the lead in the 33rd minute when Sassuolo’s Romanian defender Vlad Chiriches failed to clear a Mergim Vojvoda cross and Karol Linetty slotted home from close range. The home side drew level in the 71st minute through Filip Djuricic after good work from substitute Mert Muldur but Torino responded superbly with two swift goals.
Andrea Belotti restored its lead in the 77th before a fine finish from Sasa Lukic looked to have made sure of the points two minutes later.
ALSO READ | AC Milan beats Celtic in Europa League
But Sassuolo, which would have gone above AC Milan into first place with a win, replied with two quick goals of its own to ensure a share of the points. A superb long distance strike from Chiriches reduced the deficit in the 84th minute before a header from Francesco Caputo made it 3-3.
The draw left Sassuolo on 11 points from five games, a point behind Milan which has a game in hand. Torino is second from bottom after picking up its first point of the season.
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma blessed with a baby boy
- Pro Kabaddi League LIVE Score, PKL 10 updates: U Mumba leads 32-27 vs Telugu Titans
- Indian football: Final round of Santosh Trophy to begin with Meghalaya vs Services
- Premier League: Injuries bite for Liverpool, but Klopp backs youngsters
- Indian sports wrap, February 20