Gennaro Gattuso's AC Milan future is seemingly in jeopardy and his cause has not been helped by overseeing the Rossoneri's worse Serie A goal drought in 34 years.
The Rossoneri was held to a 0-0 draw at Frosinone on Boxing Day, marking the fourth game in a row it has failed to score a league goal.
It is the first time Milan has endured such a run in Serie A since December 1984 and is sure to crank up the pressure on the under-fire Gattuso.
Despite firing 25 efforts at the Frosinone goal, Marco Sportiello was mostly untested with only six of those shots finding the target.
Striker Gonzalo Higuain, who joined from Juventus after the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid, has not scored since October.
Misfiring Milan's poor form leaves it fifth in Serie A, although that position could be worse by the time Wednesday's fixtures have been completed, having missed the chance to move into the Champions League qualification places.
Gattuso's side was also eliminated from the Europa League after finishing third behind Real Betis and Olympiacos in Group F this month.
- Al Hilal vs Al Nassr Highlights, HIL 3-0 NAS, Saudi Pro League: Savic, Mitrovic scores, Ronaldo’s goal ruled off side
- Mitrovic’s late brace helps seal a huge win for Al Hilal against Ronald’s Al Nassr in Saudi Pro League
- Aston Villa makes official complaint to UEFA after Legia Warsaw violence
- India Women’s squads for Tests, England T20Is announced: Saika Ishaque, Shubha Satheesh get maiden call-ups
- SA vs IND: Sai Sudharsan ‘lost for words’ after maiden India call-up for South Africa ODIs