China’s foreign ministry said on Tuesday a South Korean football player is suspected of taking bribes from non-state workers and has been detained by the public security department of Liaoning province.
China is a country that follows the rule of law and handles relevant cases in accordance with the law, ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin told a news briefing.
South Korean player Son Jun-ho is being held in police custody in northeast China in connection with a bribery case, a Korean diplomatic source said on Monday.
- Asia Cup 2023: Who will play India if PAK vs SL match is washed out?
- Shubman Gill attains career-best second position in latest ICC Rankings
- 13 Odisha athletes bound for Asian Games to get Rs 10 lakh each from state government
- Asia Cup 2023: Wellalage ‘very happy to get big wickets of Kohli, Rohit’
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team