Manchester City is reportedly lining up a move for Lionel Messi in a free transfer amid the star's troubles at Barcelona.
Messi, 32, has been involved in a public disagreement with the club's technical secretary Eric Abidal, leading to immediate questions over his future at Camp Nou. City, and former boss Pep Guardiola, look ready to make their move.
TOP STORY – MAN CITY EYES MESSI FOR FREE AMID BARCELONA TROUBLES
Manchester City will swoop for Messi for free if the star cannot resolve his problems at Barcelona, according to The Sun .
While Messi is contracted until 2021, Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu confirmed last year the Argentina international was free to leave after the 2019-20 season.
Messi worked with Guardiola at Barcelona, with the duo winning three La Liga titles and two Champions League crowns among numerous other trophies at the club.
- There could be major changes coming at Arsenal . The Sun reports Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette and Mesut Ozil are at risk with Arsenal perhaps prepared to sell its stars to finance a spending spree.
- Manchester United and Chelsea are set to go head-to-head in a bid to sign Lyon forward Moussa Dembele at the end of the season, according to The Mirror . Dembele, 23, has scored 12 Ligue 1 goals in 22 matches this season and has been linked with a move to Old Trafford previously.
Also Read | Barcelona will need time when Messi leaves
- Staying in Manchester and City must wait until April to resolve the future of Leroy Sane after the attacker's switch of agent, according to The Telegraph and Bild . Sane is a reported target for Bayern Munich and Manchester City will have to wait to discuss the Germany international's future due to a clause in his deal with his previous agency.
- With Ousmane Dembele facing a long spell on the sidelines, Barcelona is eyeing Girona forward Cristhian Stuani , according to Deportes Cuatro , which reports the 33-year-old Uruguayan has a EUR 20 million release clause. Barca would need approval to complete the deal outside the transfer window.
- Could Liverpool have to search for a new back-up goalkeeper? Estadio Deportivo reports Real Betis is considering a move for its former shot-stopper Adrian , who is contracted to the European champion until 2021, with the club holding an option for a further year.
- AFC Champions League 2023-24: Ronaldo’s Al-Nassr enters knockouts with goalless draw against Persepolis
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis Highlights, AFC Champions League 2023-24: NAS 0-0 PER, Ronaldo’s 10 man team moves to round of 16 with a draw
- AFC Champions League points table LIVE: Al-Nassr vs Persepolis, Ronaldo’s side leading in Group E, enters round of 16
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second