Michy Batshuayi has left Chelsea on loan once again and will spend the 2018-19 season in LaLiga with Valencia, the Spanish club has confirmed.
The Belgium international impressed while at Borussia Dortmund in the second half of the last campaign, scoring seven times in 10 Bundesliga appearances before suffering an ankle injury in April.
Despite looking sharp at Dortmund, Chelsea have opted against keeping Batshuayi to be part of their first-team squad under new boss Maurizio Sarri, instead sanctioning another temporary switch away from Stamford Bridge.
Batshuayi, 24, will play on loan at Valencia as they prepare for its first Champions League campaign since 2015-16.
The striker had been heavily linked with another loan switch from Chelsea ever since returning from World Cup duty with Belgium. But the deal may raise eyebrows from some Chelsea fans, given the forward options left at the club following Batshuayi's departure.
Olivier Giroud scored just three times in 13 games last season following his January arrival, while Alvaro Morata has looked bereft of confidence in pre-season after an erratic first year in the Premier League.
However, Batshuayi’s hopes of a future at Chelsea are not completely gone, as it is understood the deal with Valencia does not include a purchase option.
- Ranji Trophy Live Score, Day 3 Semifinal 2024: Yash Rathod hundred puts Vidarbha in control vs Madhya Pradesh
- PSG coach Enrique dodges Mbappe questions ahead Champions League clash
- De Minaur beats Ruud to become first player to win back-to back titles in Mexico since 2012
- Inter extends Serie A lead to 15 points with win over Genoa
- Arsenal hits Sheffield United for six to keep pace with leader Liverpool