If Lautaro Martinez heads to Barcelona, Inter may land Timo Werner as his replacement as Liverpool withdraws from the race for the RB Leipzig star.
Martinez and Werner are two forwards linked with moves during the close season after impressive campaigns at Inter and RB Leipzig respectively.
And Werner could reportedly fill Martinez's boots at San Siro if the Argentina international makes the switch.
TOP STORY – WERNER COULD REPLACE BARCELONA TARGET LAUTARO
RB Leipzig star Werner is the leading candidate to replace Martinez if the Inter forward joins Barcelona, according to Corriere dello Sport.
Werner has been heavily linked with a transfer to Liverpool, but the Mirror reports the Premier League leader has withdrawn from talks as it is unwilling to meet his £49.4million (€55m) release clause.
Meanwhile, AS reports Philippe Coutinho could be part of Barca's bid to land Martinez, even as Inter says the only way the 22-year-old will leave is by his reported €111m clause being paid.
OTHER TRANSFER ROUND-UP
- Will Barcelona and Juventus get an exchange deal done? Sport reports Juve is pushing to land Arthur, but the midfielder wants to stay with the La Liga giant. Miralem Pjanic has been linked with a move to Camp Nou.
- Staying at Barcelona and Mundo Deportivo reports the club are willing to let Ousmane Dembele leave if a good offer arrives. The attacker has been linked with a switch to Paris Saint-Germain, with Neymar reportedly a target for Barcelona.
- David Luiz's future appears uncertain. Sky Sports News reports the defender's stay at Arsenal could be coming to an end after one season as his contract expires next month and no talks are planned over a new deal.
ALSO READ |
- It seems Tiemoue Bakayoko could be set for another transfer. Le 10 Sport says the midfielder, on loan at Monaco from Chelsea, is being targeted by Milan and West Ham, with PSG's interest having eased.
- With Kepa Arrizabalaga out of favour, Chelsea is said to be looking for a new goalkeeper. The Sun says the Premier League side is lining up a £15m (€16.7m) move for Borussia Dortmund shot-stopper Roman Burki.
- Staying at Stamford Bridge and Chelsea is also reportedly eyeing a left-back. The Mirror reports it is keeping an eye on developments around Ajax full-back Nicolas Tagliafico, who could be available for around £22m (€24.5m).
- MotoGP riders give thumbs up to the Buddh International Circuit
- Wrestling World Championships: Antim Panghal wins bronze, guarantees India a Paris Olympic quota
- Putellas, Paredes say Spain players staying to promote change
- MotoGP’s top-four riders have an Indian connection
- MotoGP: Bagnaia in much better condition ahead of Indian Grand Prix after horrific crash