Manchester City has signed promising midfielder Ante Palaversa from Hajduk Split and loan him back to the Croatian club.
Palaversa is reported to have cost an initial £5.5million and heads back to Croatia until June 2020, though City can recall him next January.
Still just 18, Palaversa is enjoying a breakout season with Hajduk, playing 14 of its 18 league matches and scoring twice.
Palaversa is a combative central midfielder whose passing ability is also highly regarded, while he has captained Croatia's Under-19s.
- Hard-serving Ivo Karlovic officially announces his retirement from tennis
- World team table tennis c’ships: India men edge out Kazakhstan to enter Round of 16
- Former India cricketer Lalchand Rajput appointed UAE head coach
- Take Bairstow out of firing line: Cook urges England to bench the out-of-form batter
- Royal Challengers Bangalore WPL 2024 team analysis: Squad depth, players to watch out, fixtures