Manchester United defender Millie Turner has been called up to replace captain Millie Bright in the England women’s squad for Nations Leagues matches against the Netherlands and Scotland.
Bright, who has made 77 international appearances and led the Lionesses to a runners-up finish at this year’s World Cup, will remain with Chelsea for treatment of a knee injury.
Turner has been capped at junior level but never played for the senior side.
England is third in Group A1 and faces leader Netherlands on December 1 in a must-win game if it is to have a chance of winning the group and progressing to next year’s finals.
It ends the group stage with a trip to Scotland on December 5.
- Kenya’s Sarah Chepchirchir gets 8-year ban for second doping violation
- NZ vs SA, 2nd Test: South Africa bowls out New Zealand for 211, leads by 31
- WPL 2024: Beth Mooney to captain Gujarat Giants
- Osaka hopes for better returns after copying Djokovic style
- Former NBA player Bryn Forbes arrested on family violence charge