Sevilla's Ivan Rakitic scored a hotly-disputed penalty three minutes from time as it rescued a 1-1 draw at Wolfsburg in its Champions League Group G showdown on Wednesday.
Winger Renato Steffen gave the home side the lead early in the second period but Sevilla, who conceded three penalties in its last Champions League game, was handed a lifeline when Josuha Guilavogui was adjudged to have fouled Erik Lamela in the area, which led to a second yellow card for the midfielder.
Replays suggested Lamela had committed the foul, but when Bulgarian referee Georgi Kabakov was asked to review the incident by the Video Assistant Referee, he pointed to the spot.
In the other group G fixture, teenager Karim Adeyemi scored two penalties to earn RB Salzburg a 2-1 home victory over French champion Lille.
The German international found the back of the net each side of the interval.
Salzburg keeper Philip Koehn was at fault as Burak Yilmaz scored with a free kick after 62 minutes to give Lille hope but Salzburg dominated the closing stages.
Sevilla and Wolfsburg are second and third respectively in the group with two points each after two matches behind leader RB Salzburg who has four points while Lille sits at the bottom with one point.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Kuldeep removes Marsh on 96; Labuschagne joins Smith at crease
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals
- ICC ODI World Cup 2023 squads: Full players list of all 10 teams
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika Mixed Doubles R-32 at 3:50 PM
- Nepal becomes first team to score 300 in men’s T20I; Dipendra Singh breaks Yuvraj Singh’s record for fastest 50