Sergino Dest has left Ajax's mid-season training camp in Qatar, the Eredivisie champion has confirmed. The Dutch-born United States international full-back will continue working with Ajax's youth team back in Amsterdam.
Dest told Ajax he "didn't feel comfortable" at the training camp, something his employer understands. "Sergino Dest has asked if he could leave Ajax's training camp in Qatar," a short statement on the club's website read.
"He didn't feel comfortable. Ajax understands his request and has responded to it. The right back matches Young Ajax in Amsterdam."
Last week, the United States Soccer Federation cancelled a planned training trip to Qatar for its men's national team amid escalating military tensions and activity in the Middle East following the US drone strike that killed Iranian military commander Qassem Suleimani.
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Akash reaches for the sky, turns heads on his Test debut
- WPL 2024 Opening Ceremony live updates: Tiger Shroff represents RCB, Shah Rukh Khan’s performance soon
- Manchester United’s Hojlund to miss Fulham Premier League clash due to injury
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 Quarterfinals: Taide ton puts Vidarbha on top against Karnataka on day one
- Ranji Trophy 2023-24 Quarterfinals: Musheer’s ton bails Mumbai out of trouble against Baroda on Day 1