Virgil van Dijk wants to be remembered as a "Liverpool legend" when his playing days are over.
The Dutch centre-back has been a revelation since joining the club in January 2018, playing a major role in transforming Liverpool from top-four hopefuls to Champions League winners and Premier League leaders.
Before the coronavirus pandemic caused the indefinite suspension of top-level football, Liverpool was 25 points clear at the top of the English top-tier, potentially two wins from their first title in the Premier League era.
Van Dijk is widely considered a major reason for their successes, narrowly missing out on last year's Ballon d'Or to Lionel Messi.
The Netherlands international, 28, feels a connection with the club and is hopeful he will be seen as one of Liverpool's greatest players when he hangs up his boots.
When asked how he wants to be remembered when his career ends, he told Sport : "As a Liverpool legend. I want to achieve incredible things here.
"We have a fantastic team, we don't lack anything, we have all the tools necessary to on winning: a coach that we identify with, a versatile squad, a style of play that breeds victories, a stadium and supporters that play their part.
"Yes, I would like to be one of those players that return to Anfield after retiring. I see club legends at games and I feel part of a really big family."
Although a first league title in 30 years appears certain when the COVID-19 hiatus ends, Liverpool will not be retaining its European crown as it was eliminated by Atletico Madrid in the club's final game before the suspension.
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.
- 2023 Vijay Hazare Trophy LIVE Score, Round 4: Baroda 54/4 in 167-run chase vs TN; Mumbai beats Pondicherry by 7 wickets; Saurashtra eyes big win vs Odisha
- India’s Ashwal Rai, Muthusamy urge home support during Volleyball Club World Championships 2023