Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to join Boca Juniors and the move could still happen, according to one of the club's directors.
The LA Galaxy star's agent, Mino Raiola, had recently dismissed rumours he was attempting to arrange a transfer for the well-travelled 37-year-old. But Boca board member Jorge Anro claims Ibrahimovic's interest in a move to the Bombonera is real and insists a deal remains a possibility.
The former Juventus, Barcelona and Manchester United striker has spent the past 18 months in the United States, scoring 50 MLS goals.
"It is true that Ibrahimovic wants to play for Boca and it is true that we are in a position to bring him in," Anro told Mundo Boca Radio , as quoted by AS .
"The club is in a very good moment institutionally. It is so good financially that it can afford those luxuries.
"We would be able to pay Zlatan's contract."
Boca made a splash in July when it lured Roma great Daniele De Rossi to Buenos Aires on a free transfer. Ibrahimovic is contracted to Galaxy for the rest of the 2019 MLS season.
- P.V. Sindhu: Bouncing back in style at Badminton Asia Team Championships
- Bag with Paris 2024 security plans stolen - sources
- I feel proud that I was the first one to overcome the hurdles that woman athletes face: Karnam Malleswari
- ICC Test rankings: Yashasvi Jaiswal rises to 12th, Dhruv Jurel to 69th
- Organisers keen on cricket in 2026 Asian Games despite venue woes