The TAKE Solutions Masters golf tournament will not be held this year. Last year, the $350,000 event - co-sanctioned by the Asian Tour and the Professional Golf Tour of India (PGTI) - was held at the KGA course here.
H. R. Srinivasan, Vice Chairman & Managing Director, TAKE Solutions Limited, explained, “This being an Asian Tour event, we had to find a date suitable for both the Asian Tour and us. We were unable to synchronise dates from a corporate and event standpoint.”
Asian Tour Associate Director, Communications, Calvin Koh, stated, “We are currently discussing possible new dates for the event, as we have accommodated the sponsor’s request for it to be moved to early 2020.”
The tournament was a hit with golf fans in the city, with over 25 past Asian Tour winners stacking the strong field last year. Twenty-year-old Viraj Madappa won the tournament by two strokes, becoming the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour.
- IND vs AUS live score 3rd ODI: Australia 244/3; Siraj removes Smith on 74
- Table Tennis LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: Manav, Manush qualify for doubles R-32; Sathiyan, Manika in Mixed Doubles R-32 action now
- Asian Games 2023: Overall medals tally, September 27 - LIVE - Sift Kaur wins gold with WR in shooting; India 6th with 5 gold, 22 medals in total
- Ukraine to boycott all UEFA competitions featuring Russian teams
- Asian Games 2023 LIVE, September 27 Updates: Anant wins silver in men’s skeet; Esha bags silver in 25m pistol; Sumit, Ankita bow out in tennis; India 5th with 22 medals