Indian golfer Aditi Ashok safely made the midway cut at the USD 600,000 Buick Championships after negotiating through her second round with a creditable one-over 73 in cold and windy conditions here today. That gave her a total of three-over 147 and the tied 40th spot.
Aditi, who shot 74 in the first round and was tied 39th, has been in good nick and this is her second successive cut in her Rookie season on the Ladies European Tour.
The 18-year-old Bengaluru golfer, had two bogeys against one birdie, all of them on the back nine after starting from the 10th tee.
This is Aditi’s first season as a pro, though she has competed in the Hero Women’s Indian Open, an event on the LET Tour for last two years.
In four years since 2012, Aditi has finished inside top-15 three times with tied 8th.
Defending champion Shanshan Feng shot a bogey-free second round of six-under 66 in cloudy conditions at Shanghai Qizhong Garden Golf Club on Friday to share the lead with South Korean Na Yeon Choi (68) at the Buick Championship in China.
China’s Xiyu Lin (71-67) and Beth Allen (69-69) of the USA, who were both winners on the Ladies European Tour in 2015, are a stroke behind the leaders on six-under.
England’s Florentyna Parker (72-67), who finished second at last week’s Lalla Meryem Cup in Morocco, is a stroke back, sharing fifth place with Welshwoman Becky Morgan (68-71) and 15-year-old amateur Yifan Ji (69-70).
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 130/6, leads by 176 runs; Foakes, Hartley at crease
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Saurashtra loses three vs TN; Solanki smashes century vs Mumbai
- Yathiraj, Pramod and Krishna win gold medals at Para Badminton World Championships
- Fighting knock from fighter’s son: Dhruv Jurel walks in footsteps of father, a Kargil War veteran
- Gopi Thonakal wins elite men’s race in New Delhi Marathon