The Indian women’s hockey team capped a disappointing outing by going down to Germany 0-2, for its third straight defeat of the tour here.
Nike Lorenz (52nd minute) and Charlotte Stapenhorst (54th) scored the two goals for the home side in the third and final match of the Indian team’s tour of Germany on Wednesday.
The Indian team had lost to China (2-3) and Germany (1-4) in its previous two outings here.
The three-match German tour was part of the Indian team’s preparations for the upcoming Hangzhou Asian Games.
How it unravelled
India was able to hold on to the Germans in a 0-0 stalemate until the third quarter.
But intense action unfolded in the fourth quarter, when Germany unleashed a lethal attack.
India had earned two penalty corners in the previous quarter but was unable to convert them.
Germany took the lead, striking from its third penalty corner through Lorenz, who had scored a double in Tuesday’s first match against India.
Stapenhorst struck a fine field goal for the Germans to complete the tally.
Up next, the Indian women’s hockey team will travel to Terassa for an international tournament to mark the 100th anniversary of the Spanish Hockey Federation.
- Live Score IND vs WI 2nd Test, Day 4: Kishan, Gill push India on against West Indies
- Hopman Cup: Croatia downs Switzerland to clinch title
- Jonas Vingegaard wins second successive Tour de France
- Wrestling trials for Asian Games: Upsets galore show past has little influence on the present
- Deodhar Trophy: Tournament favourite South Zone looks to open campaign on a high against North Zone