Germany won its third Hockey World Cup title after defeating Belgium in penalty shootouts 5-4 on Sunday at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar.
- Belgium never made it to the medal matches before winning the gold in 2018.
- Pakistan, Germany and Australia are the only teams to win consecutive World Cup editions. Pakistan won in 1971 and 1973, Germany in 2002 and 2006 and Australia in 2010 and 2014.
- Australia has won the most number of medals - three gold, two silver and five bronze.
- However, Pakistan has won the most number of gold medals (4).
- India’s first men’s hockey World Cup medal came at the inaugural edition in Barcelona when it beat Kenya 2-1 to win bronze. The men in blue bettered their performance at the 1973 edition in Amstelveen where it clinched silver. In 1975, Indian team won its one and only gold medal with a 2-1 victory over Pakistan in the final in Kuala Lumpur.
- In the 14 editions, Pakistan vs Netherlands (three times) and Australia vs Germany (three times) have been the joint-most frequent summit clashes.
|2014||The Hague (NED)||Australia||Netherlands||Argentina|
|2002||Kuala Lumpur (MAS)||Germany||Australia||Netherlands|
|1986||London (ENG)||Australia||England||West Germany|
|1978||Buenos Aires (ARG)||Pakistan||Netherlands||Australia|
|1975||Kuala Lumpur (MAS)||India||Pakistan||West Germany|
|1973||Amstelveen (NED)||Netherlands||India||West Germany|
- AUS vs SA semifinal, World Cup 2023: Can South Africa bury the ghost of 1999 and 2007?
- Moto GP: Bagnaia beats Martin to snatch pole at Malaysian Grand Prix
- Australia vs Bangladesh Live Score, World Cup 2023: AUS elects to bowl first vs BAN; Maxwell, Starc rested
- AUS vs BAN head-to-head record in ODIs: Australia vs Bangladesh overall stats ahead of ICC World Cup 2023 match
- Australia vs Bangladesh Dream 11 prediction, ICC World Cup 2023: AUS vs BAN predicted XI, fantasy team, squads