Ashish Kumar is India’s most successful performer in the Commonwealth Games. In the 2010 Delhi edition, he stunned everyone by claiming a silver in vault and a bronze in floor exercises, thereby becoming the first ever Indian gymnast to win a medal in the Commonwealth Games.
Four years later, Dipa Karmakar bagged a bronze in vault to become the first Indian woman to win a medal in gymnastics at the Games.
In the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, India has chances of winning medals in individual apparatus events. B. Aruna Reddy, who recently became the first Indian to claim a medal in the World Cup, is expected to be in the medals bracket in women’s vault.
Among men, Rakesh Patra, who is the best gymnast in the country in Roman rings, is another strong medal prospect. The experienced Ashish Kumar also provides some hope.
G. Meghana Reddy holds some promise in rhythmic gymnastics.
- Which player has most tackle points in Pro Kabaddi League history?
- Pro Kabaddi League: Top 10 defenders of all time with most tackle points
- IND vs AUS: Axar Patel ‘was a bit upset’ on missing out on ODI World Cup due to injury
- WBBL 2023: Adelaide Strikers defends title, beats Brisbane Heat by three runs in final
- I-League 2023-24: Astute defending sees Real Kashmir and Aizawl share points after goalless draw