Someone you would go to when you are in doubt
Most memorable match
The Commonwealth Games 2010 final (Along with Jwala Gutta, Ashwini won the Women’s Doubles Gold at the Games).
All England Open Championships.
What is your training regimen like?
Two on-court sessions and one gym session. About five to six hours a day. Monday to Saturday.
How do you unwind?
Read a book, listen to music, spend time at home or with friends and family.
Biggest off-court accomplishment
Could get through all my classes without losing a year.
Scream (Funk My Life Up) by Paolo Nutini.
Favourite karaoke song
The Reason by Hoobastank.
Would love to visit Greece.
The Elephant Whisperer by Lawerence Anthony.
Krishna & Oopali.
If not a shuttler, then what?
Probably would be playing a different sport. I was pretty good at athletics.
- Top spells by Australian bowlers in ODI World Cup finals
- Injury riddled P.V. Sindhu reveals her experience training under the mentorship of legendary coach Prakash Padukone
- IND vs AUS, World Cup 2023 final: Remaining calm under pressure will be key for India, says Raina
- Manchester women’s derby at Old Trafford poised to break attendance record
- Asian Para Games gold medallist Neeraj Yadav fails dope test; India may lose two gold medals from Hangzhou 2022