Dark Don Racing’s Ashwin Datta and Msport’s Amir Sayed signed off with a double win each in the 23rd JK Tyre – FMSCI National Racing Championship at the Kari Motor Speedway here on Sunday.
Ashwin won two of the three races in the race for Formula LGB4 cars, while Amir whistled his way merrily to the top of the podium in both the races of the JK Tyre Novice Cup.
Ashwin was disappointed at the start of the day as the placings for Saturday’s final race that he had won was changed based on protests and official observation. The revised result saw him placed12th and Sarosh was declared the eventual winner.
ALSO READ | Double delight for Datta, Sayed
However, the Chennai youngster drove clean to win an incident-free first race in the morning. He followed it up with yet another fighting win in the second race. Ashwin even looked set to complete a treble by leading the final race till the penultimate lap.
Vishnu Prasad and Raghul Rangasamy (from MSport) were right behind him. It was anybody’s game and, the pressure to be on the podium was beginning to show on the men upfront. The former looked for space on turn 6 and, in the process, came into contact with Ashwin’s car. It was all over for the two from there. Raghul seized the opportunity to finish first followed by Sarosh and Sandeep.
Amir did not put a foot wrong while winning both the races in the JK Tyre Novice Cup. It was his sixth win on the trot and clearly underlined his class. It was not just about raw speed but a combination of things such as understanding the lines, his approach to the corners that worked in his favour.
- Australia wins rain-hit third T20 against New Zealand by 27 runs
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Jani strikes twice to restrict TN; Karnataka eyes big partnership vs VID
- India vs England Live Score, 4th Test Day 3: IND 226/7, trails by 127 runs; Jurel, Kuldeep at crease
- Manchester United can still finish fourth, says Ten Hag
- Romero scores twice as bottom side Almeria holds Atletico to a draw