Nico Rosberg believes the battle for the Formula One title is still intriguing even though Sebastian Vettel needs a "miracle" to prevent Lewis Hamilton from being crowned champion.
Hamilton stretched his lead to 59 points by winning the Japanese Grand Prix after Vettel retired due to engine trouble only four laps in.
A fourth F1 world title could be wrapped up by Mercedes driver Hamilton at the United States Grand Prix a week on Sunday.
Reigning champion Rosberg knows it is unlikely that Vettel can deny his former team-mate, but expects Ferrari to hit back in Austin. "Ferrari always come back strong," he said.
"It's so difficult for Sebastian now. Lewis has such momentum, everything is going in his direction. Sebastian needs a miracle to come back but he's a fighter and he won't give up. It will remain interesting so let's see how far he can take it," he added.
- BCCI extends contract of India head coach Rahul Dravid and support staff
- Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023 LIVE Score, Round 4: Tamil Nadu beats Baroda; Mumbai, Saurashtra win; MP collapses v Bengal
- NBA roundup: Kings stun Warriors, advance in tournament
- India to tour Sri Lanka in July-August, 2024 for six-match white-ball series
- IND vs AUS, 3rd T20I: With so much dew even 14 runs per over would have been chased, says Gaikwad defending Prasidh and co.