Canoeing is divided between slalom and sprint events, using canoes and kayaks.
In slalom, competitors negotiate a whitewater course by weaving through a series of gates against the clock, with time penalties for mistakes such as touching or missing a gate.
In the sprint events, races are held on a flatwater course over 200, 500 and 1,000 metre distances.
Latest on Sportstar
- Formula 1: Verstappen wins Spanish GP to continue Red Bull sweep
- Motorcyclist dies in collision at German Ironman race
- From Milner to Firmino: Five players leaving Liverpool at the end of 2022-23 season
- Spanish Grand Prix, Formula 1 Highlights: Verstappen extends lead with yet another win; Hamilton second, Russell third
- WATCH: Yuzvendra Chahal on IPL 2023, the ODI World Cup and more