Indian archers remained on course for a fourth bronze medal in the World Cup Stage 3 here on Friday.
The fourth-seeded recurve mixed team duo of Tushar Shelke, and Bhajan Kaur prevailed over France and the Netherlands by identical 6-0 margins. But they failed to continue their winning run and went down to familiar nemesis Korea 0-6 to set up a bronze medal clash with Chinese Taipei.
Earlier on Thursday, multiple World Cup gold medallist Abhishek Verma, who is making a comeback after missing the first two stages of the World Cup, stunned world number one and top seed Mike Schloesser 148-148 (10*-10) in a thrilling shoot-off to advance to the men’s compound individual semifinal.
The eighth-seeded Verma will face Luccas Abreu of Brazil in the last-four clash which will follow the medal matches on Saturday.
India has so far won three bronze medals -- recurve men’s team, men’s and women’s compound teams -- in stage 3 of the meet.
- Al Hilal, without Neymar, beats 10-man Mumbai City FC 2-0 in the AFC Champions League
- Rashford wants end to ‘malicious rumours’ over Man Utd future
- World Cup 2023 top run-scorers: De Kock continues on top; Kohli second
- Mumbai City FC vs Al Hilal LIVE Score, MCFC 0-2 HIL AFC Champions League updates: Mehtab Singh sent off, Michael and Mitrovic score
- BAN vs SL LIVE score, ICC World Cup 2023 updates: Shakib, Shanto depart in quick succession; BAN 211/4