India’s Dipa Karmakar Friday failed to make it to the balanced beam finals as she finished a lowly 20th in the qualifying round of the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup here.
The 25-year-old Dipa could only score 10.633 in her balanced beam routine to finish 20th in a competition which had 25 participants. She also got penalty points.
Australia’s Emma Nedov took the top spot in the qualification round with a total of 13.466 points.
The top eight finishers qualify for the final round.
Dipa will, however, compete in the final of her pet vault event on Saturday.
The gymnast from Tripura, who had finished fourth in the vault event at 2016 Rio Olympics, secured the third spot in the qualifying round on Thursday to make it to Saturday’s finals.
- Ranji Trophy LIVE score, Day 5 Quarterfinal updates: Vidarbha beats Karnataka to qualify for semifinal; Kotian, Deshpande help Mumbai set 606-run target vs Baroda
- Shami undergoes ankle surgery, set to miss IPL 2024
- Elena Norman resigns as Hockey India CEO
- Kotian, Deshpande register second-highest 10th wicket partnership in Ranji Trophy history
- CONCACAF Women’s Gold Cup: US falls to Mexico for the second time ever, losing 2-0