Ten members of the boxing discipline have tested positive for COVID-19 at the National camp in Patiala.
Boxers Abhishek Yadav, Ankit Kumar, Sanjeet, Naveen Boora, Sachin Kumar, Naveen Kumar, Deepak Kumar, Manjeet Singh, Narender and head coach C.A. Kuttappa have tested positive, as per an isolation list seen by Sportstar.
Deepak, Manjeet and Narender have been hospitalised after showing symptoms, said a source.
Neither team doctor Karanjeet Singh nor any Boxing Federation of India (BFI) official could be reached for further details.
Without naming any athlete, a Sports Authority of India (SAI) release on Wednesday said that 26 of 313 have returned positive results at the NIS Patiala campus. Four of 428 tested at the National Centre for Excellence in Bengaluru were positive.
All Olympic-bound athletes have tested negative, said the statement.
- List of all FIFA U-17 World Cup winners: Germany lifts maiden title
- Gujarat Giants vs Telugu Titans LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Pawan gives Titans early lead against Fazel’s Giants
- Hyderabad FC vs Mohun Bagan SG LIVE score and updates, HFC 0-0 MBSG ISL 2023-24, lineups are in
- U Mumba vs UP Yoddhas LIVE Score, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Surinder’s Mumba takes on Narwal’s Yoddhas; When, where to watch match?
- Pro Kabaddi League 2023 schedule PDF- U Mumba match fixtures, squad analysis, all you need to know