The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has spread worldwide, taking the lives of over 73,600 people, and spreading across 209 countries.
The biggest news from the world of sport is the postponement of the Tokyo Olympics from July 24, 2020 to July 23, 2021. Additionally, the Wimbledon has been cancelled and the Champions League and Europa League have been suspended. The England Football Association has also announced that the Premier League has been suspended indefinitely. Several other tournaments, including the IPL, Premier League and French Open have been postponed.
Suspensions or cancellations have also impacted the British Open, Moto GP, Bundesliga, ATP and WTA Tours, La Liga, Euro 2020, BWF Tour, ICC World Test Championship, Copa America, and several Formula One (F1) races among others.
Here are the updates from around the world as they happen:
- VIDEO: Djokovic celebrates U.S Open triumph with Serbian basketball team
- King’s Cup 2023: Litmus test for India to find its next No. 9 with FIFA World Cup 2026 qualifiers ahead
- VIDEO: I was a little a nervous on my comeback, says KL Rahul
- Danke Seb - Sebastian Vettel bids farewell to F1 after fabled career
- Indian sailing team headed to Newport USA for World Championships