Mexico edged United States of America 3-2 after 10 innings on Sunday to take third place at the WBSC Premier 12 baseball tournament and qualify for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
Matthew Clark's solo homer for Mexico at the bottom of the ninth tied the bronze medal match 2-2, sending it to extra innings.
Efren Navarro's single to centrefield at the bottom of the 10th drove home the winning run to seal the central American country's Olympic berth.
Host Japan, with a 4-1 win-loss record in six-nation Super Round, and South Korea (3-2) will face off in the final later of the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) Premier 12 tournament.
One Olympic place for the Americas and one for Asia were up for grabs, meaning South Korea has also secured its berth by virtue of Japan already being qualified as host.
Taiwan finished fifth in the standings with Australia sixth.
- Euro 2024: UEFA sets $360 million prize fund for 24 national teams from revenue of $2.6 billion
- EURO 2024 Draw LIVE: England, Germany and France in pot 1, groups, pots, live streaming info
- U Mumba 34-31 UP Yoddhas Highlights, Pro Kabaddi League 2023: Zafardanesh, defence seal win for Mumba in close match
- PKL 2023, Tamil Thalaivas vs Dabang Delhi KC, Gujarat Giants vs Bengaluru Bulls: When, where to watch, H2H records
- I-League 2023-24 Top Scorers: Here are the leading goalscorers after matchday seven