The Mission Olympic Cell has approved participation of current World Athletics Champion javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra for a 12-day training camp in Magglingen, Switzerland, ahead of his participation for the Diamond League 2023 final scheduled in Eugene, USA this September.
A total of Rs 5.89 Lakh have been sanctioned for the preparatory camp, set between September 1 and September 12.
Neeraj, on Thursday finished 2nd at the Diamond League event in Zurich after recording the best throw of 85.71m.
Parul Chaudhary, who sealed a Paris Olympics quota by clocking a National Record time of 9:15.31s at the Budapest event in the women’s 3000m steeplechase event, also has been included in the TOPS Core group.
MOC also approved a financial sanction for Table tennis star Sharath Kamal for participating in various events, procuring equipments and hiring of personal coach Chris Pfeiffer till the Paris 2024 Olympics.
Star badminton doubles player Satwik Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty have also been provided assistance towards masseur Nishant Nagpuri for accompanying them for the China Open 2023 scheduled from September 5 to 10.
- China Masters 2023 final LIVE Score: Satwik-Chirag duo up against Liang-Chang; When, where to watch Indian pair?
- Premier League: Pochettino angered by ‘soft’ Chelsea collapse at Newcastle
- Satwik-Chirag, China Masters Final: Preview, head-to-head record, live streaming info
- AC Milan’s Francesco Camarda becomes youngest player in Serie A history at age 15
- Union Berlin’s Marie-Louise Eta makes history as first female assistant coach in Bundesliga