An all-round performance against UP Yoddha helped Telugu Titans clinch its second win in a row in the Pro Kabaddi League. Raiders Rahul Chaudhari and Nilesh Salunke, and defenders Abozar Mighani and Vishal Bhardwaj starred for Titans as it defeated UP Yoddha 34-29 here on Saturday.
Prashanth Kumar Rai’s 11 points for Yoddha were in vain.
Titans began positively. It led 3-0 after three minutes before Yoddha opened its account with a tackle point. Rahul Chaudhari scored a raid point in the 10th minute to give Titans an 8-7 lead.
Yoddha’s raiders found it tough to get going in the first half; the team trailed 13-9 after 15 minutes. Rishank Devadiga had three points but didn’t get much support from Shrikant Jadhav and others. Titans took an 18-13 lead at the break, after having forced a super tackle in the 20th minute.
Mighani put in a solid defensive shift in the first half and scored four tackle points. Mighani seemed the fittest and strongest defender in the contest — he made tackle points in crucial moments.
The second half followed a similar pattern as Titans led for most of the first 10 minutes. Devadiga scored a two-point raid in the 26th minute as Yoddha trailed 21-16.
With less than three minutes to go, Yoddha forced a super tackle and trailed 30-25. Prashanth Kumar Rai came up with the brave moment of the match — he made the tackle which led to the super tackle. For a moment, it seemed like Yoddha might make a comeback; it trailed by four points with just two minutes left.
However, Mighani made another crucial tackle in the 39th minute to give Titans a 31-26 lead. Rahul Chaudhari then made a super raid in the dying seconds to win 34-29.
- WPL 2024: Form and captaincy of Mandhana has helped RCB ooze confidence, says Devine
- WPL 2024: Dominant Delhi Capitals hands Gujarat Giants fourth straight loss
- Gujarat Giants’ Sayali Satghare becomes first-ever concussion substitute in WPL history
- Premier League 2023-24: Foden brace helps Man City win Manchester Derby 3-1 over United after dream comeback
- Women’s Super League: Title-chasing Arsenal beats Tottenham 1-0 as Alessia Russo scores