BCCI senior selection committee chairman, M.S.K. Prasad, congratulated weightlifter Ragala V. Rahul, who is born in Guntur of Andhra Pradesh, on winning the gold in the Commonwealth Games on Saturday.
“I take this opportunity to congratulate Rahul on winning gold in the CWG. He will remain an inspiration to all those aspiring athletes coming from humble backgrounds,” Prasad said.
“I wish and pray that he should win many more big events and bring laurels to the country,” he said.
The selection panel chairman also congratulated tennis great Leander Paes for setting a new record with 43 wins in Davis Cup history.
“This is a great example of longevity at the highest level and Paes is the nation’s pride and one of the greatest athletes the country has ever produced. I sincerely wish he keeps going,” Prasad said.
Latest on Sportstar
- PSG vs Clermont Foot LIVE score; Paris 0-0 CF; Ligue 1 updates: VAR overturns Kyei goal after handball
- La Liga: Hazard to leave Real Madrid after disappointing four-year spell
- Man City on track for historic with FA Cup triumph over Man United - In photos
- Iga bakery special at French Open: Swiatek dishes out her first Grand Slam double bagel
- Formula 1: Hamilton happy home-work paid off for Mercedes