Akhil Sheoran won the bronze medal in the rifle 3-position event as India topped the medals table in the shooting World Cup in Cairo, Egypt, on Wednesday.
Akhil shot the second-best qualification score of 589 before placing behind Jiri Privratsky and Romain Aufrere. He beat qualification topper Oleh Tsarkov (590) of Ukraine for the bronze.
India topped the medals table with two gold, three silver and a bronze. Britain was second with two gold and a silver, while Germany followed with two gold and three bronze. Korea also won two gold medals.
Olympian Anjum Moudgil shot 587 and missed the chance to make the women’s final of the 50-metre rifle 3-position event, on the basis of lesser number of inner 10s.
Anjum had 26x for her 587, while Anna Janssen of Germany and Jenny Stene of Norway made the final with 33x and 32x for the same score.
In mixed skeet, the team of Ganemat Sekhon and Munek Battula shot 139 and finished eighth.
- India vs England Live Score Updates, 4th Test Day 3: ENG 61/2, Crawley, Root rebuild after Ashwin’s double strike
- Ranji Trophy Live Score 2024 Quarterfinals Day 3 Updates: Warrier picks two after TN score 338; MUM on backfoot vs Baroda
- IND vs ENG, 4th Test: Ashwin overtakes Kumble for most wickets in Tests in India
- Japan, North Korea draw 0-0 in first leg of Olympic qualifier
- Abhay Singh wins Goodfellow Classic squash in Toronto