Qatar was knocked out of the World Cup becoming only the second country after South Africa to exit a home World Cup in the group stage. USA and England played out a frustrating goalless draw while Iran stunned Wales with two stoppage-time goals to get its first points in the group stage. Ecuador’s Enner Valencia reached another goal-scoring milestone but aggravated his knee injury and might miss out on his team’s upcoming games, as will Neymar and Danilo (at least in the group stages) for Brazil.
Aashin Prasad, Nihit Sachdeva and Abhishek Saini recap the action from day 6 (November 25) in our daily World Cup podcast
- Siddarth Kaul: Winning white-ball trophy but missing out in red-ball cricket doesn’t discredit the players’ skills
- Hockey India: Statements by outgoing officials claiming divisions within the organisation are not correct
- I-League: Sreenidi Deccan takes on Mohammedan Sporting Club in potential title decider
- Treesa Jolly and Gayatri Gopi Chand - Double(s) delight for Indian badminton
- NBA roundup: Cavs’ Max Strus hits half-court winner at buzzer