Elavenil Valarivan dominated once again as she topped both the women’s and junior women’s air rifle events, after qualifying with the top score of 629.7 from among 368 competitors in the second National selection trials at the Dr. Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad, on Sunday.
Elavenil beat Shreya Agrawal by 0.1 point for the women’s title, with the last two shots of 10.8 and 10.4, after having been tied.
Apurvi Chandela who had won the Olympic quota in the World Championship placed third, after a qualification score of 629.2. Shriyanka Sadangi who shot the second best in qualification with 629.3 place fourth, ahead of Mehuli Ghosh, Elizabeth Susan Koshy, Meghana
Sajjanar and Aayushi Gupta.
World Championship silver medallist and Olympic quota winner, Anjum Moudgil shot 621.1 for the 39th place. She had shot 624.9 for the 11th place in the first trial.
In the women’s 25m sports pistol, Asian Games gold medallist Rahi Sarnobat beat Manu Bhaker 39-36, while Anisa Sayyed placed third. Qualification topper Annu Raj Singh (585) placed fifth behind Rachna Devi.
In women’s rifle prone event, the seasoned Kuheli Gangulee topped ahead of Gaayathri Nithyanandam and Kinnori Konar.
- Sabalenka survives scare to reach China Open third round
- Afghanistan vs Sri Lanka LIVE Score, World Cup 2023 warm-up: Scorecard, match streaming updates
- Asian Games 2023: India registers 23-run win against Nepal to qualify for cricket semifinal
- Pakistan vs Australia LIVE Score, World Cup 2023 warm-up: Full scorecard, match streaming updates
- India vs South Korea Kabaddi LIVE Score, Asian Games 2023: IND inflicts all-out on KOR, leads 15-5 now