Manu Bhaker was in irresistible form in women’s 25-metre sports pistol as she swept the top positions in both the women’s and junior sections in the shooting National selection trials at the Dr. Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad, on Monday.
The 16-year-old shot an outstanding final in the women’s event as she aggregated 41 points, which included four rounds of perfect 5 and four rounds of 4 in the 50-shot climax.
Bhaker, who had qualified in the second place with 585, two points behind Rahi Sarnobat, beat Chinki Yadav by nine points. Asian Games gold medallist Rahi settled for the third place, ahead of Pushpanjali Rana, Annu Raj Singh, Gauri Sheoran, Shreya Gawande and Anuradha.
Elavenil tops women's, junior women's air rifle events
In the junior women’s final, Manu did not have a perfect round in the final, yet beat Anjali Choudhary 36-29.
In air rifle, Divyansh Singh panwar was in roaring form as he topped the men’s and youth men’s sections, and took the third place in the junior event.
Divyansh shot 252.2 in the men’s final to beat World Cup bronze medallist Ravi Kumar by 1.5 point.
Paarth Makhija who had topped qualification among youth men with 628.9, went on to top the final by beating Yash Vardhan by 0.1 point.
- Indian sports news wrap, September 16
- Diamond League final: Lyles, Duplantis aim to end 2023 on high note
- Krejcikova and Kenin will meet in the final of the San Diego Open
- 2023 ODI World Cup venues: Chepauk Stadium — capacity, pitch info and areas that need attention
- Asian Games 2023: How has India historically performed at the continental event?