Rajeshwari Kumari shot rounds of 23, 22 and 22 to be placed 38th with a total of 67 in a field of 56 on the first day of women’s trap in the ISSF Shotgun World Cup in Acapulco, Mexico.
Shagun Chowdhary also had the same score, as after having shot well with 23 in the first two rounds, she slipped to 21 in the third.
Varsha Varman had it tough and could muster rounds of 19, 22 and 21 for a total of 62 that placed her 50th.
Two more rounds will be shot on the second day, with the top six making it to the final.
There were four leading on 73, five on 72, eight on 71 and six on 70, which emphasised the stiff competition in pursuit of the Olympic quota places, apart from the medals.
- ICC World Cup 2023: With rain forecast in Kolkata, South Africa faces ‘chasing’ dilemma in semifinal against Australia
- Ponting backs Labuschagne over Stoinis in Australian team for semifinal against South Africa
- The funeral of Man United and England icon Bobby Charlton to be held in Manchester
- Australia ‘peaking at right time’ at World Cup, says Starc
- Longest winning streaks in ODI World Cup: Australia at top, India closing in with nine-game win run