Esha Singh and Shiva Narwal won the mixed air pistol gold to put India second on the medals table in the World Championship on Friday.
The Indian pair beat Sevval Tarhan and Yusuf Dikec of Turkey 16-10 in the match for the gold medal. Earlier, Esha and Shiva had topped the qualification with 583 out of 600 in a strong field of 65 teams.
It was the second medal for Shiva, following the team bronze earlier.
The other Indian mixed team of Divya TS and Sarabjot Singh placed 22nd with 574.
In mixed air rifle, Mehuli Ghosh and Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar placed ninth with a score of 630.2 They were 1.2 point away from qualifying for the medal match.
China won the mixed air rifle gold, by beating Iran 16-2. Overall, the Chinese were on top of the medals table with five gold and two bronze.
In women’s skeet, Parinaaz Dhaliwal and Ganemat Sekhon shot 118, and placed 19th and 21st respectively. They missed the final by three points. Darshna Rathore (115) placed 38th in a field of 71 shooters.
In men’ skeet, Olympian Angad Vir Singh Bajwa rose to the 25th spot following two perfect rounds of 25. He had 97 out of 100. Anant Jeet Singh Naruka (96) and Gurjoat Khangura (93) were in the 41st and 78th spots in a strong field of 125 shooters.
The last round of men’s qualification and the final for the top-six will be held on Saturday.
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final
- Ravi Shastri sees India as ‘serious’ title contender for 2024 T20 World Cup
- AFC Cup 2023-24: Odisha FC picks Mohun Bagan Super Giant apart in its own den