Indian recurve men and women teams collected two bronze medals and compound archer V.Jyothi Surekha entered the women’s individual semifinals on a fruitful day for the country at the Archery World Cup Stage-4 in Paris on Thursday.
The second-ranked Indian recurve men’s side, comprising B. Dhiraj, Atanu Das and Tushar Shelke, defeated Spain 6-2 in the bronze medal match.
The sixth-placed women’s team, consisting of Bhajan Kaur, Simranjeet Kaur and Ankita Bhakat, upset World championships bronze medallist Mexico 5-4 (27-25) via shoot-off in the contest for bronze to get its first medal of the season.
In compound, Worlds bronze medallist Jyothi Surekha’s consistency helped her reach the medal rounds. World champion Aditi Swami missed the target once in the quarterfinals and lost to Great Britain’s Ella Gibson.
In the men’s competition, World champion Ojas Deotale crashed out in the first round.
- Al Nassr vs Persepolis LIVE Updates, AFC Champions League 2023-24: Cristiano Ronaldo starts, minutes away from kick off
- ISL 2023-24: Super sub Victor Rodriguez brings three points home for FC Goa against Jamshedpur FC as it goes on top of the table
- Mohun Bagan Super Giant vs Odisha FC Highlights, AFC Cup: MBSG 2-5 OFC, Juggernauts beat Mariners to stay second
- Prannoy, Lakshya withdraw from Syed Modi International 2023
- Hockey Nationals 2023: Defending champions Haryana to face Punjab in the final